News archives from
Subscribe to our newsletter
European Union and Citizens
Debate: Viking-Laval-Rüffert:Economic freedoms versus fundamental social rights - where does the balance lie?
le 17 Juin 2008 à 16:41
How to balance the application of the European Union's free movement rules - in particular, the right to work and provide services in another member state - with the maintenance of different national social systems?
These questions are the object of much debate, following three recent rulings adopted by the European Court of Justice.
The ETUI and Notre Europe have therefore decided to launch this forum, in which users will find information on the different cases and analysis offered by a variety of experts.
- Political answers to judicial problems? Europe after Viking, Laval and Rüffert, Martin Hà¶pner
- Europe won over to the "communist market economy " , Alain Supiot
- Laval & Co: Law and Politics in EU Social Policy, Renaud Dehousse
- Rocking the boat - again, Jon Kwist
- The Court of Justice of the European Communities and the "Social Market Economy", Loà¯c Azoulai
Articles in academic literature and Social partner reactions on the judgements:
The forum can also be accessed via the following web link: http://www.etui.org/en/Headline-issues/Viking-Laval-Rueffert